Dr. Avni Rampersaud – Dentist
Dr. Avni grew up outside of Washington, DC, in Alexandria, VA. She moved to NC to attend Duke University as an undergrad, majoring in English. She then went to UNC School of Dentistry to earn her DDS degree. So, she’s both a Blue Devil and a Tarheel at heart! After dental school, she completed an additional 2 years of training at Children’s National Medical Center in DC to earn her specialization in Pediatric Dentistry.
She landed back in NC when she and her husband decided that the Triangle was where they wanted to establish their roots. She worked under the mentorship of Dr. Gene Howden for years, and then transitioned to owner of CHPD in 2006. Dr. Avni has practiced dentistry for 20 years now! Her favorite food is Mexican and in her free time she loves traveling, golfing, cooking, and hanging out with her 2 fun & talented teenagers…who keep her young!
She’s absolutely the best and we’re so grateful to have her lead our team here at Chapel Hill Pediatric Dentistry!
Dr. Rampersaud is a member of the following organizations:
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- NC Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- Durham-Orange Dental Society
Residency: Children’s National Medical Center
- Department of Pediatric Dentistry
- July 2002-June 2004
- Certificate of Pediatric Dentistry
Dental: University of North Carolina School of Dentistry
- August 1998-May 2002
- Doctor of Dental Surgery Degree
Undergraduate: Duke University
- August 1994-May 1998
- Bachelor of Arts in EnglishDr. Avni Rampersaud’s husband, Edward, is a urological oncologist at Duke University Medical Center. They reside in Durham with their daughter, Saia and son, Milan.